|On Air Now:|
– December 10, 2013– For 22 years, Hospice of the Piedmont has hosted a community-wide memorial service at the start of the holiday season, to honor and remember the lives of loved ones. The beautiful, candlelit service is non-denominational and open to the public. This year’s service will be held at Aldersgate United Methodist Church at 6:30 P.M.
The memorial service is open to anyone who lives within the nine-county region served by Hospice of the Piedmont. Anyone who has lost a loved one and would like to commemorate and celebrate that life is invited. The Memorial Illumination is not just for those whose loved one died in hospice care.
Additionally, for each $10 contribution, a luminary will shine at the ceremony in memory of a loved one. For each light sponsored, Hospice of the Piedmont will send a personalized card to a designee to notify them of this thoughtful gesture. Donations are not required for attendance, but all gifts are gratefully accepted and will be used to sustain the mission and programs provided by Hospice of the Piedmont. After the service, a symbolic light will be lit and remain lit until the New Year begins.
This year, a Luminary Workshop will be offered for children and teens grieving the loss of a loved one. The workshop will begin at 5:30 p.m., at Aldersgate United Methodist. Attendees will have an opportunity to customize a luminary to be displayed at the Memorial Illumination service later that evening. Advance registration is requested, but attendance is free. A light dinner and snacks will be provided.
Event Highlights – Memorial Illumination sponsored by Hospice of the Piedmont:
· Place: Aldersgate United Methodist Church, 1500 Rio Road East, Charlottesville
· Date: Tuesday, December 10, 2013
· Time: 6:30 p.m.
· Donation Information: 434-972-3568 or www.hopva.org
· Children’s Luminary Workshop at 5:30 p.m.; call 434-817-6900 to register.
About Hospice of the Piedmont
Founded in 1980, Hospice of the Piedmont is the only community-based nonprofit hospice organization serving Central Virginia. We serve the City of Charlottesville and the counties of Albemarle, Greene, Madison, Orange, Louisa, Fluvanna, Buckingham, Nelson and Augusta. Hospice of the Piedmont provides professional, compassionate care to terminally ill patients and their families, plus bereavement support for community members coping with the death of a loved one. Hospice of the Piedmont is committed to providing care and support services to all members of our community regardless of their ability to pay.